You would not ask your milkman to fix your car – you choose a contractor that is a specialist in their field. This should be no different to you. You may be a specialist in your industry, but are you a specialist also in accounts and tax?
Often when a person starts a business – they try to do everything themselves, to save money. Entrusting your financial affairs to someone else is a big step for many people.
During the past number of years in practice we have come across many excellent accountants doing a great job for their clients, however, there is also some disgraceful work from others.
Can you as a client protect yourself from bad service and advice that can lead to unexpected tax bills and investigations?
When choosing an accountant you will need to choose one you can know, like and trust. So like choosing a member of staff it is important to ask the right questions.
Below are the common questions you should be asking when looking to change your accountant.
How can we help you?
- Our firm holds a practicing certificate with AAT
- We are members of Association of Accounting Technicians (AAT) / Federation of Tax Advisors and Institute of Certified Practicing Accountants
- Accounting staff are qualified and some are “Fellows” of their institute and sit on regional committees
- The principles all have vast experience in running their own businesses
- We provide quotations and letters of engagement
- All our technology is up-to-date and backed up – our own IT arm of the Group ensures this.
- All staff attend regular continuing professional development training
- Our PI cover is up to date, required levels of cover and is available for inspection
- We remind you about all the important dates and deadlines
- Apart from a large client bank, the Group owns Avanti Networking – which provides a sphere of contacts in various areas of running a business from legal advice to HR to website development and IT support.
- We make the change to us painless – You simply sign a letter of engagement and a form for HMRC and produce relevant ID – and we do the rest
- And we do all this in a friendly and approachable way!